We kindly invite you to be part of the "EPIC Expert Visits"
To investigate joint RTDI collaboration potential in topical ICT fields, EPIC is organizing expert trips either from the EU to one of the partner countries in the Asia-Pacific region or vice versa. Therefore we are looking for scientists, researchers and innovators from the EU or Australia, Singapore & New Zealand with concrete interna-tional ICT collaboration ideas and potential partners in mind.
Submissions to: info(at)epicproject.eu
Note: Applicants can partner with any institution that does research in the partner countries or the EU respectively. Please note the current submission deadlines in the document "Detailled Call Information".
External calls on R&D in ICT:
EU Commission: Expert group on Business-to-Government data sharing
The Commission is setting up an Expert Group on access to and re-use of private sector data for public interest purposes, bringing together independent experts to discuss business-to-government (B2G) data-sharing principles and to provide advice on future policy and funding initiatives.
The Expert Group’s tasks shall be to:
- identify good practices on B2G data sharing in order to contribute to more efficient and better public service delivery and/or more reliable and evidence-based policymaking;
- assess the legal, economic and technical obstacles preventing B2G data sharing, and advise on actions to promote B2G data sharing for public interest purposes;
- give recommendations to the Commission on how to further develop its B2G data sharing policy.
In particular, the Expert Group shall:
- evaluate the principles, collaboration modes and technical means outlined in the Guidance on private sector data sharing and endorse a framework for B2G data- sharing;
- define and encourage B2G collaborations to test the guidance and facilitate the exchange of good practices amongst members and with the Commission;
- advise the Commission on new areas for potential support for B2G data sharing through the EU’s Research and Innovation Framework Programme or other programmes, and on future policy actions and next steps to enhance B2G data sharing.
MSCA-Rise Call 2018
Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE) funds short-term exchanges for staff to develop careers combining scientific excellence with exposure to other countries and sectors. RISE enables more interaction between academia and non-academic organisations within Europe and worldwide.
Ernst Mach Grant - worldwide grant for short-term research stays in Austria
Grants are available for PhD students, Post-docs and senior lecturers from all over the world, including ASEAN, in any of the following areas of study or research:Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences,Human Medicine, Health Sciences, AgriculturalSciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts. Maximum age: 35
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme
Fully funded Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship for bachelor's, master's ordoctoral studies are now open for the academic year of 2018/19. Students and young researchers from different South-East Asian countries including Singapore are eligible to apply.
United Kingdom: Newton Fund Advanced Fellowships
This scheme provides established international researchers with an opportunity to develop the research strengths and capabilities of their research group through training, collaboration and reciprocal visits with a partner in the UK. The skills and knowledge gained should lead to changes in the wellbeing of communities and increased economic benefits.
UK: Wellcome Trust Doctoral Studentships
This scheme enables researchers to undertake humanities or social science doctoral degrees in any area of health research. Participants must have been accepted onto a PhD programme with an eligible host organisation in the UK, the Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country. All nationalities eligible.